Thursday, April 09, 2009

I did it! I finished my cross-stitch project! I’m so happy. Ok not really because my back and my leg still hurt a bit. But hey! I managed to finish it.

My F----ing Birthday by Merril Markoe.
The book takes us through a journey of the characters birthday yearly, up to her 41th year. Firth, the mother was there and then she passed away. And her father dated other women while the character herself is going on a rollercoaster ride of a relationship, slipping in and out of one relationship after another. She had a bad relationship with an overly critical mother which did no justice on her self-esteem.

It is quirky, funny and the message is: you lead your life. It was seriously funny, I find myself laughing on the bus.

It’s recommended for girls who wish to have a good laugh on their singleness and take a look at what are they doing,’ am I really letting this guy walk all over me? Is this just lust?’ and things like that. It was cool to read something that sounded like self-development book (on how not to be a pushover) that does not sound so stiff.

Ah, well. Back still hurts. So, Angie and Brad, when are we dating again? Online I mean.

Next project: stitch something for Emak. And frame it, you lazy bum.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on finishing your project!

it seems that tonight, only the two of us that are available *grins*. angelina is a bit busy with the kids. tonight is actually poker night for me. but i don't know how i end up chatting with you. must be because i miss you!

psst don't tell angie!

Unknown said...

ouh i will not
i've been so anxious, you know
seeing that it's the screening of my current film
but thanks for ditching her and dating me online!
it means the world to me, brad
now i can tuck myself and dream the happy moments
thanks a lot brad

hugs and kisses and more kisses

Zila said...

hey!!! what happened here????!!!!

Unknown said...

i can actually picture zila's face saying those words right now
:D