Monday, January 05, 2009

Well, hi 2009. Yes, I’m slow on the update nevertheless, Happy New Year!

Getting out of my comfort zone. Wow, that will be difficult. Of course, I thought it was not going to be. I thought that I how hard can it be going back to camping, eating cheap stuff and skip the malls? It takes a lot, seriously a lot.

My first test was, avoid the fast food.

For nearly a whole month, I was able to avoid the fast food outlets that serve food rich with trans-fat. Until the fateful day that my cousin bought pizza to celebrate his first paycheck. What do you expect from a true Malaysian? Say no? you must be kidding. Free food are good food. But I managed to eat just half of the slice. Just enough to signal “ Thanks for the treat.” I’m now ready to resume my whole cycle of avoiding the fast food after consuming whole big chunk of burger this morning. If I keep this up, I will resort to wearing raincoats (which is to conceal all the fat around my waist) in no time! What a comforting though (yeah right).

IMHO, I have always thought that it was extremely easy to have access to fast food when in reality it’s too expensive and eats up most of my expenses monthly. What my friend and I are going to do (we believe the word ‘try’ does not exist) is to avoid the fast food outlets, eat at the food court or buy pastry. Not from fancy pastry houses like BreadTalk or the sort. Something more cheaper. See if we can really survive it.

As far as the small trips are concerned, we are looking at some parks at the moment. Of course, we be having picnic there, eating home=made sandwiches and stuff. And my dear friend has perfected the art of making really good garlic bread (yeayness for that).

I think the biggest challenge this week was to refrain from buying any books for myself. I went out a few times to get some revision books for my baby cousin and it took all my strength not to buy the cheap bargain corner book (1 book for RM9) and not to give in to temptation to just buy the French language course. It really takes a lot. Seriously.

I’m embracing another week and this week challenge is to just wish my expanding waist away. I wish I can do that. Ugh. So, have a happy day ahead. I know we all will.

“Start by starting” – Meryl Streep

No comments: