Monday, July 23, 2012

Morning walk


Location: Perhentian Besar

We woke up late on the island, again. The picture was taken on the second day of our stay at the place I was supposed to wake up at about 6 am to see the sun rise but this is good enough I guess. There was no one on the island, even the guides have just risen. Leaving the keys  beside my friend's pillow, I proceeded to walk to the beach, taking in fresh air. 

This time there were no people milling around on the beach so I pretty much have the whole place to me. It was melancholic, almost taking me to a place that I have never known. I should have sat on the sand and take more pictures but then again, people start coming to the beach to wait for their bots. 

I met Hakeem, a banker from Switzerland who came here with his family. We chatted quite a bit, more on me not being able to talk French anymore (haha!) and about Eurozone. A bit on the part where I would love to go to Finland (Hakeem said: It's a bit cold there with the nice scenery. Just that the cost of living is quite high). 

We actually got to talking when I was trying to help him with his father who seemed a bit anxious that the bot is still not there. We did not exchange numbers anyways. Sad. 

We talked a little bit until 8am, the time being our breakfast call. 

No comments: