Friday, November 11, 2016

Careful when walking to the pantry

you know, pantry, the only place colleagues visit in throngs, with mugs in their hands.

zombie-like in the morning, zombie-like in the evening.

and so, it was the usual story; needs coffee to fuel my body with energy. ouh save the caffeine-dependent souls.

walked into the pantry, nearly walked into the wall because of sleepiness.i was just about to have my fair share of coffee when a colleague who was sitting down, got up.

'careful there,' he said (casually? not casually?).

i was alarmed. did he know what happened last night? that i sabotaged my diet with fries and tons of cheese?

'w..whyyyy?' i asked, with heart pounding against my ribs without the help of caffeine.

' i just farted in there.'and he just walked away, dead pan look.

and i just stood there with my mug, too late to move away from the wafting smell.

No comments: