Sunday, October 04, 2009

Disclaimer: Exclusively for girls.

  Me and the song You Belong With Me from Taylor Swift. Please, don’t get me wrong. Personally, I think she is absolutely talented, has a very nice voice and extremely cute. It’s the song that I have issues with.

  Imagine you seeing a guy or being friends with a guy for years and years. Both of you have you own private jokes that nobody can understand and you know what this guy is feeling or thinking just through the rise and fall of his tones. He knows you absolutely; what your likes and dislikes, your eating habits and even your sleeping pattern. That is rising no less at 11 am on weekends. And yet you pine for him, not being able to say anything because according to you, he just didn’t realize what he wants is just right in front of you.

  He pours his heart out to you, tells his deepest secrets, shares his darkest (and perhaps) the silliest fantasies, talks about nothing absolutely important and yet you still wait for him. Listening to all his sad stories about the girl he’s seeing and stuff.

  Stop. Don’t flatter yourself. If I were you, I’d make the most out of it. Listening to his whines for half a day entitles me to a tall glass of Starbucks (we will cure the addiction of coffee later shall we?). I mean come on. It’s not the issue of him not realizing who you are but it’s the matter of you realizing that HE IS JUST NOT INTO YOU. Why?

  First, why would he want to get closer to you because you are really accessible like 24-hour a day? Like the moment he calls you, you’d be running to the phone. Don’t lie, honey and stop being in denial. I have been there and I know for a fact quite a few people has been in that situation.

  Second, why would be want to chase you because he already has this control over you? Remember the time when he asked if you can just do him a favour about something and you just say yes without thinking? Like helping him to order a dress for his sister and despite the fact that you have no idea what a cocktail dress is, you went to approach the Barbie Brigade just to get their advice. Please, we can do better than lying.

  Third, you will never say no. Admit it girls; it is very hard to say no to someone that we absolutely like and this guy I’ve been talking about fits every description like he understand you, gets your joke and bla bla bla. I know stories like that and may have been in situation like that.

  Who doesn’t like a girl like that? A person who will never say no to anything, listens to him regardless how stupid a conversation can be and be an extremely faithful friend. Honestly, the disasterous word is just there: friend. You will always end up being his friend although you can end up writing a biography about him because (as it may hurt, I know), he is not into you.

  And this waiting like the Taylor Swift song is excruciating and not only that, it will just throw your confidence out of the 88th floor of KLCC, slamming face first into a huge bowl of poo. Don’t ask me what the poo is dong in KLCC, I;m just painting an image here of how waiting for an absolutely clueless guy can do to your confidence. Like attending job interviews, loss of confidence in matters like this is completely disasterous.

  If you have been in the situation like the one in the song, wake up and stop pining. If he calls you every now and then, be kind to your own heart. Just hide your handphone somewhere like under a stack of fluffy pillow just to silence the sound and cleanse your system. You can be more than just a person who says yes to everything.

  If you are in the situation, pull the strings a little bit. Run away a little bit but never be afraid of getting the results. If he really is into you, if there is a future, he will chase and run for you. Never mind what will happen in the future but this is definitely better than having to start a blog and talk about the guy without knowing if he loves you or not. Three weeks later he has a girlfriend and where are you? Turning lesbian? Is that what you really want?

  If one day you may be faced with this situation, don’t wait too long. You are worth it, you are more than worth it. Anyone who comes and smashes your confidence should not be in your life. I’m not telling that you should dump him but think multiple times before you agree to go here and there with him.

  I’m talking from experience and in fact, I’m going through the very thing. I know I don’t have any problems going out with this particular guy but then I find him messaging me like every single day, talking about nothing important at all and then asking me for a movie or the likes can be confusing. And I got the confirmation that I’m just a friend so I think it is just appropriate to not watch movies, shop together and stuff like that like normal couples do, right? I can still do it very often if say… I’m 17 but not at this age. If I were to invest my time in it, it had better be worthwhile. I don’t want to feed his ego. Well, admit it. Guys like girls hanging out with them with no strings attached right?

  I’m not a pro in this kind of things but there are some kind of things that I may have a clue about. And this is clearly it. Quit wasting your time for someone who doesn’t see you as someone who is special. Of course there is the stories like the girl you sister knows that end up getting married to her bestfriend but let me ask you a question; how many Bill Gates do we have in this world? If you answered one, then you should know the answer that the kind of stories are not applicable to everyone. Yes, it is indeed a very rude awakening but believe me, once you do it, you will emerge feeling a whole lot better about yourself.

 Having said that I’m going to have another dose of Jared Padalecki in Supernatural. Have a nice week ahead!

7 comments:

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

:)) you make my day ucu!

indeed, trying to skip ourself from him would be really crucial. like he's going to be invisible just because he thinks 'that girl hates me so much. better I become invi and keep quite' :D

but I'm doing good. I'm doing awesome!

trying to help myself and indulge in my study like a nerdy. HAHAHA. pas ni bole terus kawen. tak yah pening2 kepala ;)

Unknown said...

syud: but, i have another case where the guy doesn't know when to be invisible. bloody annoying

blur12 said...

good one ucu!

Unknown said...

tengs azrah. kau ni tenggelam timbul. pelik ai

blur12 said...

:D tengah busy final sem.

Zila said...

we we're both young when i first saw you

Unknown said...

azrah: good luck
zila: we ARE still young zila :))