Thursday, October 01, 2009

I find my happiness in a cup of coffee. Yes, it doesn’t take that much to make me happy, especially in the morning. I don’t need 20 kg of exorbitant chocolates (although the idea of eating products from La Maison du Chocolat may bring bigger smile). I don’t need Starbucks, San Francisco or Coffee Bean. My dear brother (panggil deat sebab dapat duit raya. Kalau tak dapat, jangan harap. Ye, saya MASIH dapat duit raya. Sila jeles) has showed that Kopi Kapal Api is really good. Thanks bro. Tahun depan jangan lupe kasi duit raya lagi. Hiks.

Where was I? Ouh coffee. I’m an addict. Even the smell of coffee can jolt me into several moments of complete awareness. I don’t know how it started but it doesn’t matter; I need that dose of coffee daily. And I’m sad to say that I suffer caffeine-withdrawal symptom the most during Ramadhan. Although I can always have a cup of steaming Nescafe during sahur, the feeling is different. Having a rushed coffee is totally different from sipping it once in a while in a stretch of an hour; for example. But still, it’d fall into a deep stupor within the first half an hour of work if I don’t drink the beverage. I know that coffee will make me dehydrated but even the idea of starting the day without one just makes me think of throwing myself over a cliff.

My normal consumption per day is two per day although it will dramatically increase if I am attacked by the mosquitoes at night. But I realized that I’m craving for more these days and I must say that I’m lucky that I had a long, peaceful, dreamless nights these days.

I’ve a good mind to own a coffee plantation because then I’d be fulfilling my own craving for the said beverage, which is one of the most popular beverages across the globe. Last year alone, the commodity ranked top in a total of 12 countries. And imagine me selling Kopi Luwak. This is the rarest gourmet coffee in the world where it was found to be selling at AUD 50 per cup at a café called Heritage Tea Rooms in Australia. But no thanks, I don’t think I can swallow it because the beans are taken after they have ‘exited’ the system of a certain animal. I’d rather have mine clean. Check out Kopi Luwak (bukan Kopi Lawak)

If I find myself being tired or stressed, I find that the coffee smell calms me down. Ok bunyi dah mengalahkan orang hidu gam la kan but that is the truth. I am so addicted to coffee that there are times that I’d be running up and down looking for coffee and ended up being really cranky because of its action.

I do enjoy a cup of coffee when I was in university but it wasn’t this bad. Back then, a cup of coffee is all I can take. Now, I’m afraid that it has turned into cola; I do not even have trouble sleeping even if I take it at night.

I know that addiction is not good. It doesn’t matter which addiction are you referring to; cigarettes, drugs, shopping (yikes) or coffee. I know that too much coffee will cause osteoperosis but seriously, I just can’t stop.

Heck, if it’s any consolation, luckily I am not addicted to Coffeebucks. Ouh the coffee in the picture is courtesy of my colleague for my birthday. Thi hi hi.

Anyone suffers from caffeine addiction?

4 comments:

Asmaul Juakhir said...

too much coffee will cause osteoporosis?
ok,i juge baru tau..
i'm glad i'm not addicted..
pheww..

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

I suffered it a few months ago. now get better and I can consume it only when necessary! he he

but I do miss ice-blended-coffe! oh lagi-lagi yang dekat San Francissco at MV! wuwuwuuu T__T

ucu,you're allowed to be addicted to it because I'm allowing you to get abuse by it (ceh,apa punya tukang ubatan neh? HAHAHA)

TAPI (ha,ada tapi. ingat percuma je I nak kasi u minum kopi selalu?)

make sure you consume A LOT of water. I mean A LOTTTTT. Oke?

nanti kulit tidak cantik sebab badan asyik terhidrasi. :)

Zila said...

i don like kopi. i like tea

Unknown said...

maul: jgn sampai addicted sudah
syud; bagus bagus! baeklah. saya akan terus minum air dgn sgt byk
zila: cool