Sunday, November 29, 2009

A wise person one shared her wisdom of shopping with me. She was an avid shopper, not because it was her hobby but rather because she is a housewife. Sod it. She loves shopping, I know it. Nobody can have these tips if she doesn’t like shopping. Read on people (and feel free to add).

Always buy in bulks
This applies for things that we need. No one needs four umbrellas (throws the umbrella in my room, one in the handbag. Gosh, another one at the office). For example, two packs of body shampoo retail for RM 13.90 during sales so grab it as fast as you can because normally, one pack of refill costs RM 8.90. Although it may look as if a few ringgit does not make any difference, let’s face it, if we can buy more things for less, why not settle for it?

However, check your supplies before buying more body shampoos like some people (me) who is now left with shower foam that she really hates but stuck with it for about another two months before she will be able to use the ones that she really likes. dfyuoifubfiu

Buy toiletries at wholesale stores
Cost for toiletries can easily run up to hundreds as in my case. Maybe it is more for other people so in my case, I prefer to buy supplies not at pharmacies, if I can help it. The reduction may not be huge but total it up and you can see a lot of price difference. And going round and round the whole floor is just so healthy (husbands/ boyfriends, stop the snigger).

Look out for sales
Some people are just high maintenance by nature. For example, those with sensitive skin cannot use facial cleansers that cost RM 19.90 but had to use something that cost a lot more than that. I find this website (shoppingNsales) really amazing because it shares all the good bargains all year round.

Ouh and Hush Puppies fans (shoes only), kindly email me so I can keep you posted on sales (if there’s any). Thanks!

Buy in pairs
This is very useful if you are a Padini or PDI fan like me. Sometimes they sell T-shirts (long sleeves) for RM 40 for two. Having another person looking at the same brand will save you about a few bucks.

Before I forgot, Giordano is also having this kind of sale as of today. Don’t know when it will end.

And same goes for 3 for 2 books. Usually, new books cost RM 33-RM35 per book. So, buying three books will actually save you a lot since after splitting, each book will only cost about RM 22.70. I’m so excited that I actually calculated the savings for you guys! And using punctuation marks!

Do research
If you are like me who is currently trying to save money so that hopefully I can go somewhere next year, it doesn’t hurt to do some research. Some places or even stores sell things at higher price compared to other places. A little tip: the price tag for apparel in Jusco, Isetan, Metrojaya differ.

Housebrands won’t hurt your reputation
I don’t care if you are using Watson tissues. Tissues shouldn’t be a benchmark to status, they are just tissues. And if it costs less than RM 10 for 5 boxes, sod it. Just buy it. Will it really hurt if someone is to march to your house and take down all the details on the brands that you use? As far as I’m concerned, I’ve never lost an arm because of it.

Get things we really need
Do we really need another post-paid plan because our mobile operator offers it to us because of our supposedly clean record? This is just a scam. They are after your money. Don’t say yes, don’t blindly tell them your address when they call you up to offer this thing because they do not know when to stop. Just barge in and ask ‘When am I supposed to make a decision on this?’ If the answer is now, just say no and continue watching TV because they are just trying to make you pay more for something that you may not even need.

Remember: say no if you really don’t need it. Ouh this is from my very own experience actually. Thi hi hi. The girl wouldn’t stop talking about the so-called generous offer from my mobile operator that she forgot to ask whether I need it or not.

Be calculative
Rich people care about where their money goes. Life is not charity (as in to big supermarkets or retailers. Feel free to donate to the charity organizations around the world or local ones). Be calculative, a bit stingy and just do what we use to do in school: save up the money just to buy the favorite Little Bobdog pencil case. I mean, revision books.

Be early or just don’t bother turning up at all

This shopaholic makes sure she arrives at least half an hour before the store opens. She says that way, she will be able to become among the first and get most of the good things.

This are the things that she shares with me and as soon as I can remember other things that she told me, maybe I can add more. So have fun spending the rest of the Sunday ahead.

No comments: