Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reminder: I couldn't, for the life of me, remember if I have written on this or not so please, let me torture you for a few lines.

I'm so so so relieved. This is why:

"You seem to be in the middle between the Type A and Type B personality. In this case, the middle ground is good. Your attitude to life is more of the "smell the roses" kind and you know how and when to relax. Nonetheless, you realize that picking up a challenge and competing a little bit for your place in the sun can add some spice to your life. The equilibrium is important, so don't let your hostile, aggressive, and competitive alter ego take over too often. Generally, you are easy to be around, and people tend to feel relaxed and comfortable in your presence. Yours is a very healthy attitude towards life. "

Do you remember Chang or Chong from What Happens In Vegas? The ever-competitive colleague of Joy? Or Dr Yang, the one in Grey's Anatomy? They compete and strive to get what they wish, almost to the point of sacrificing anything. It's scary to see them being in fierce competition with almost everything.

I have to admit that I can be very impatient such as queieng to do a bank transaction during lunch time. The slighest delay will make me go mad and I will be silent for hours. Because I know, one I open my mouth, I will be screaming for hours and that will so not be good to me and the people around me. Most of the time, people don't really realize this because I have this 'Silly' sign stamped on my forehead.

I'm not a studious person but I'm an extreme workaholic. Once, in my precious job, a friend asked what time I arrived at work and he was so shocked that I arrived before 8am and sometimes leaving at almost 10.30 pm. I was so driven to succeed that finally he said: You'd better watch out. Doing this for a very long time will lead you to burn-out. That sentence made me think, for a very long time.

And there was once when my alter-ego took me almost completely. That was the time for the hardest break up I've ever faced in my life. Consequences to the breakup was severe..let's not get to the details. Others inability to achieve something that they want pissed me off then, especially when it will disrupt me. What I wish to do right now is to be more forgiving, more understanding and being a better listener. Let's just say I learnt the lesson the hard and most expensive way.

Last week had been really difficult. My pulse were pretty quick (yes, I have this obsession of checking it very so often) due to constant stress. I left late every single day so now, thanks to the school holidays, I am able to hop on the bus at 7.30 and arrive at the office with a hot steaming pau. And leave the office as soon as it's getting dark. And thank goodness my pulse are getting better (though I do realize that I have to stretch this week).

Well, I'd like to rant more but the time is running out.

1 comment:

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

I hope u will get better and better ucu and the pulse will become normal so dat I won't hear any news like 'ucu is on hypertension!' ;p

btw,u've been awarded by me coz I love ur writings very much!!! check my blog for redemption.