Friday, August 29, 2008

Reminder: not for advanced English speakers. I'm not writing anything on Shakespeare fyi

I have thought of writing something about this since...let me see, last year but you know things and work (and pure nothings) do get in the way. So here goes:

I noticed that voila is not being used in appropriate places. Voila is actually a French word and of course, it's pronounced as wala (same as moi its mwa, not MOI). It is equaivalent to there you go or in a cruder way, amek ko. So, spelling it as walla will just make it weird.

Still on the French issue, saying 'Pardon my French' means that person has just swore or something. Not that they are talking in a different language but check if they just did. You know, insurance.

When a writer puts 'Tell me about it', it doesn't literally mean that he or she is going to tell everything about it so just quit waiting. What they are trying to say is 'Yes, I know about it. I'm also feeling the same'. It's just an expression. Don't make the mistake of asking the writer 'When are you going to tell the character his or her problems.'

Shut up. This may be familiar to those who have watched Princess Diaries. Shut up means 'No, you can't be serious', 'That's impossible. It can't be! Darn, I'm screwed' not 'I don't want to listen to you so close your mouth please'.

Got to do some last minute shopping for birthday present. Yeah, I do put a lot of thought on what to give people. By the way, thank you very for those who came yesterday; Fai, Jojo, Caha and NJay. Thanks for the present Jo, it was an instant hit in the office. Oh I do bring stuffed toys in the office since nearly everyone has something animal-like, cute, cuddly thing. Sho adorable. And somebody has even hinted on adopting it. Haha.. no way Jose.

To serunaifaqir: I really forgot your event in MPH tomorrow. But I do hope it will be a blast.

Have a fantabulous weekend ahead. Happy Independence Day and Selamat Berpuasa. And to aynone having any kinds of competition, wishing you the best of luck. I'm stuffing my face with cakes tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Selamat menjalani ibadah puasa, moga mabrur, aminnn ...

abg sf