Thursday, August 14, 2008

Well, I don't really believe in freedom of speech. Partly, yes, totally no. I'm seriously not being sceptical here, maybe for once. For me, everything has to have a limit. But of course, somehow people love to abuse it saying that 'We have the right to say this, that bla bla bla because of freedom of speech'.

Pardon me but I'm too lazy to Google how many races, skins and languages that we have on earth. So many varieties yet so limited space to live in. IMHO, if every single one of us would like to practise this freedom of speech to the full extent, chances are there will be like three people left in the world. People will be quarreling, killing and God-knows-what because everyone will just blurt out how they feel. What matters to them is to get the message across, regardless of how the other party would feel.

I believe this is where empathy kicks in. Of course, God created mouth to speak among other things but don't forget God created ears to listen to people. Hence the saying 'Cakap siang pandang-pandang, cakap malam dengar-dengar'. OK sorry, I cannot translate that. Thi hi hi.

In a nutshell, I think doing things just on the basis of freedom of speech or any other freedom you can think in the world, should have a limit. We really can't expect to live in harmony unless we respect other people's skin, belief, religion and what not.

Ok, enough rambling for today. Got to get ready for Art exhibition. suddenly I feel a wee bit artsy-bitsy.

No comments: