Monday, March 16, 2009

It never crossed my mind that a movie with Owen Wilson in it will be sad. Seriously.

This is a movie about life, married life in fact. John (Owen Wilson) and Jen (Jennifer Aniston) started their life during a blizzard and both proceeded to work their marriage together. First, Wilson secured a job as a small time-reporter before proceeding to write a column. They got a puppy which they dubbed as 'clearance puppy' and from there on, the story unfold.

Marley, a Labrador, was continuously called as the worst dog in the world ever. But still, the family love them. He was there during the miscarriage, first son, second son and the 'whoops' daughter. It was there when Sebastian (Eric Dane *drools)tried to score chicks and of course, when the neighbour got stabbed.

It's drama, not much of funny lines but enough dosage to make people laugh. Especially Grogan's boss. It's like a walking irony.

Despite the fear for thunder, hyperactivity, naughtiness and all, the family learnt how to stick together and survive it all with the dog. And I can't believe that I actually cried when they buried Marley (OK fine I cried. The first movie that made me cry was I Am Sam. Luckily I watched it alone or someone would have called me a wet blanket. Wait, I think that person did call me that).

There were fights, colicky and disagreements. The food has to be put on the table but there is actually more to life. And one will never know where the inspiration might come from. Despite that, it is very very important to keep the eyes open and ready to accept the signs.

Thus, I'm taking this opportunity to everyone that has shared their thoughts on my previous blog entry, as well as those who read it. Reading the comments helped, I kid you not. And especially to Carrie who spent a totally cool evening yesterday (don't make me hate you for reviewing Mills and Boons novels. You just want to annoy the hell out of me right?). And Meg Cabot helps (although it made me puke all night yesterday because I was reading it on the train and maybe something is wrong in the Tom Yam Noodle. Whatever, I survived the night). But why don't MPH Subang Parade sell other Cabot's books? It's a crime not to sell other titles.

OK, enough babbling. Got to do Queen of Babble thingy with a good friend.

No comments: