Sunday, May 30, 2010

Disclaimer: This is based on personal opinion. Proceed at your own risk

Do You Come Here Often? by Alexandra Potter


Chic list are mostly full of cliches. Well, undeniably true? But still, there are times that I would l
love to be reading something that is rather sweet, not totally horrific or downright funny like the usual choice of My favourites. And a friend mentioned about this book from Alexandra Potter. Since my high expectations were crushed when I read Carole Matthews, I decided to try reading is book.

I fell in love with this book from Alexandra Potter in the first few pages. It's funny and witty.

What do I like about it?
1. The story seemed close enough. Like, it happened in real life. A struggle of finding the right person rather than becoming the person someone wants you to be. The struggle to keep thin when someone expects you to be although you are pretty comfortable with yourself.

2. The dilemma is true enough like the struggle of women finding partners. Now now, I'm sure guys face the same problem too but this is a chic lit so bear with me.

3. The ever lingering question of whether there will be someone for us. Yes, scary. What if there isn't?

4. It gives hope that some people change. After some life-changing experience that is.

Would I recommend it to anyone? I think I would. Cross that, I recommend it. I can't wait to take a look at Alexandra Potter's other books.

No comments: