Friday, May 01, 2009

I’ve been having this feeling of becoming an android because I have resorted to placing things into my eyes. I know I know, I was slow on the uptake of contact lenses. I thought I would not be wearing it anymore after ditching them nearly eight years ago. Wow, that’s a really long time.

So my astigmatism has increased. Doubled in fact. It has been hindering my eyesight for quite sometime but I always had a good reason of not going to the optometrist. I’m busy, I want to get home early, I’m too hungry-so-I-went-for-dinner-and-the-store-is-closed-when-I’m-done and global warming. OK, that last part was really a pathetic excuse.

So I went up to check my eyes and I really have to embrace myself because I have long realized that my eyesight was failing. I just don’t want to go and check it, that’s why. Furthermore, the spectacles I’ve been wearing was one from four years ago or so.

As a result, I had my very first Toric lenses. Darn, I hate having to struggle to put the lenses in my eyes, especially the right eye. Grr!

But it does actually feel better. I mean, I don’t have to deal with the empty spaces when I’m wearing glasses. It makes me feel better. But of course I had to be really careful in terms of taking care of the lenses. Well, it is something to be placed inside the eyes and stay there for at least eight hours. So, I have to be really careful. Dirty hands are a big no-no and nails had to be kept clean (looks at the nails and make a mental note to go cut it after coming back from the movies).

Ok, got to get ready.

On another note: saw Conan yesterday. Yey!

1 comment:

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

yeay! sukanya dapat tengok Conan~ :p

my 1st lense experience was back then in matriculation.it was tough, my friends have to wait like ages just to let me freely do the wearing thingy.haha

1 hour eh syuhada? he he

but after that,i became a pro.i took only 5mins to wear those 'fake hazel eyes'.hi ha hi ha

oh b4 terlupa,you've been awarded! cekidaut! ;)

http://syud.blogspot.com/2009/05/award-award.html