Sunday, July 05, 2009

My LURVE Affair with shoes. This is an excerpt of our lurve affair


' It was a Friday night and I was totally burnt out. Work at the office seemed to ebb my energy and I resorted to look like a zombie on a Friday night. What a bummer. Everyone around me was having these happy faces as they look forward for an enjoyable weekend. But not me. I fail to think about the upcoming weekend because the realization that I may need to sit for a review soon keep knocking at the back of my head.

I continued to walk or rather crawl across the shopping mall armed with my Debit card. I was lucky that I was paid today or this outing will be totally pointless as I will be resorted to munch on junk food to keep me fueled for the night. Not that I mind but unhealthy eating habit is the last thing that I want to happen to me when my body is already weak with fatigue.

OK, concentrate.

Without me realizing, I walked into a store and walked aimlessly along the shelves. I saw perfumes, handbags and shoes being lined up and I can actually feel myself perking up. This activity has always been a therapy for me. During breakups, bad days, bad feedbacks from the clients and after a bad blind date, even the thought of parting a small amount of money for myself cheers me up. Even if it’s for a Fuji apple, I’d feel my mood getting better.

I marched to the shelf displaying shoes. There were more added spring on my feet. I run my fingers to touch the shoes, caressing the smoothness of the leather and I can feel the moodiness being siphoned. It was as if the shoes became sponges, absorbing all the bad things and bad thoughts in my head.

I stopped caring about the economic crisis. I deleted all the information regarding falling GDP by ASEAN countries by WTO or something. I just couldn’t care less.

I called for the person at the department and handed out the most comfortable-looking wedges I have ever seen since .. urm.. last week. As I put on the shoes, I feel like a new person. Suddenly I’m Ivanka Trump, with no money problem. I’m Megan Fox, the hot sizzling chick. I have no worries in the world anymore.

With my handbag still sitting on my shoulder, I marched in front of the mirror. All that matters then was the wedges and me. The world stopped moving and I became stationary in front of the mirror, unable to believe my eyes.

I figure if anyone can get new shoes everyday, the world will become a better place.

I couldn’t look back after the experience. My love affair with shoes is unbreakable. Sometimes I’d just wander to look at the shoe rack, munching LURVE multigrain chips while admiring my collection of shoes. Just having my mouth exercising through munching the chips makes me happy.

Now, I can truly enjoy my Friday night. And will make sure I much on LURVE multigrain chips before the review. '

3 comments:

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

hehe..I love LURVE too~

but I'm not into shoes since I do think my feet doesn't fit them well. :D

yeah,have to agree with u.. ;)

Asmaul Juakhir said...

well, i do love wedges nowadays even some of them are hardly fit my feet..huhuhuhu..

Unknown said...

syud: kene buat research. mesti ade yg sesuai punye
maul: time kaseh stg menjengah. kata-kata yang sama. research itu penting