Thursday, April 19, 2012

Elevator

Elevator

Now, I am pretty sure what the management of our office building is doing.

You see, it is nearly two weeks since one of the elevators in our tower broke down. There four elevators for our tower with I don't know how many millions of offices in that part alone.

Naming it just as tower is boring. Let's give a name to it like Titan. Oke that sounds good. Don't ask me why. I'm bored out of my skull.

Anyways, I was stranded at the ground floor for a good ten minutes, resulting in getting late to the office. Not really that late but I would want to have the option of going back early. And so I stood there, refreshing my mailbox (not work-related, of course) just to kill time. Not only I kill time, I do have a feeling that I might have killed myself too.

Standing there, I noticed a few things. One, I realised that there were many people in Titan. Second, this is the opportunity to get to know each other. After all, disasters bring us together right? Nothing beats that. This is the time to get to know who works on which floor (perfect exercise for singles who are looking for partners or those who wish to make new friends) and maybe, get to know your future bosses (maybe considering to move to ye lower floor perhaps?).

I do notice some people had enough of it and resorted to climbing the stairs. Now, this is part of an perfect plan too. I think you do realise that we are fighting this obesity problem worldwide. I am not implying that those working nearby are heavy; I am just trying to make you think that I was trying to imply that prevention is better than cure. Forget the gymnasium, forget the expensive fees. This is a great way to lose weight the free way. Walk down and up the stairs for two weeks and I am pretty sure there will be noticeable difference, especially near the waistline. Provided there were no intervention of nasi lemak, teh tarik or frappuchino (including but not limited to).

This bus trip is nearing to an end. Forget what ever I said on the top part, the building is just waiting for spare parts I think. And I am so going to flip if it is still down. Have a nice day.

No comments: