Thursday, April 26, 2012

Routine

I have to say that I am a creature of habits. This include (but not limited to) by the routine of falling asleep too late, dreaming of the alarm going off an hour after it actually is supposed to give a sound and having a specific method of turning the pages of the book.

Somehow, it got programmed in my head, enabling me to move in the auto pilot mode. This is the mode that is the most important when you are about to lose your mind because you are A) too tired B) too sleepy C) had to call the girlfriend or boyfriend before they go bonkers.

It might also be become a habit like you know exactly where your toothbrush is or where you last dropped your favourite shawl (this one I fondly call as 'organised mess'). Isn't it extremely useful to just walk into the bathroom and reach for the toothbrush without even stopping to think about its location?

Now, can you imagine the chaos that took place when someone changed the order of the shampoo and shower foam? I am already short-sighted as it is and sleepy. I cannot even be sure if I use shower foam on my hair or did I really use shampoo. It is hard to tell. I only realised what has happened when I was about to exit the bathroom. By then, I was too tired to even care.

No comments: