Sunday, September 20, 2009


when we are old and decrepit
Originally uploaded by uculer

I took this picture after a very heavy rain during the third week of ramadhan I guess. beside it was a really beautiful flower so that's why it came out old and decrepit. but no, i'm not going to be all teary-eyed and sad about getting old, its not worth it.

it's hari raya and its raining cats and dogs outside. there was nothing on the TV right now. as you can guess (because of the heavy rain).

you know what's cruel? when you can see the difference in your waistline for a month and when the day comes, you really cannot resist anything. like you can't resist the third helping of rendang. my goodness, i had two helpings before 12 noon. and watching the TV does not help, i tell you.

and then you had to susun the kuih. supposedly in the balang but of course, i arranged it in my mouth first. and gosh, it felt so good. i never thot i'd be able to put anything in my mouth after taking gulps of air tainted with the very smell of kuih raya my auntie made but there i was, eating and tasting every single piece of them in my mouth *happy glee.

it's cold, there's nothing on the TV and i'm supposed to be bored but i'm not. finally i have the time to do all the photo editing that I wanted, thanks to the rain. i've always wanted to edit the pictures, there were too many and my cousins really want the pictures of their cats. or cat. i don't know. the cats look the same to me.

so, tata now. have fun with your family. i'm still having fun because i still get duit raya *i see the smirk, you are jealous.

i'm going to see if there's anymore kerepek in the cupboard. heh

4 comments:

adelynne said...

sounds like you're having a good raya ;) wish i can eat like that too. damn food poisoning.

Unknown said...

kind of. and you are barred from the food. unless you feel really really really healthy

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

aha ucu. I thought there was a girl told me that she's going to puke even just to smell the bau of kuih raya.

and..there she goes..engulfing each type of kueh raya! hehehe

enjoy raya ucu!

;)

Unknown said...

syud: ouh nak type sesuatu tapi baru teringat tak elok swear pada hari raye