Thursday, September 10, 2009

I really can't believe my eyes when I got an email from BookXcess saying that I am one of the winners for Blog Bonanza 4. And I nearly couldn't believe my eyes when I read their post regarding the winners. It's live finally being able to email Jared Padalecki, then having to choose between Jason Wade and Jason Mraz or getting an invitation from Damien Kulash for dinner. OK, obviously day dreaming there.

some of books I managed to buy during one of my many visits to BookXcess. 
With Hari Raya approaching on a jet plane, people should be getting ready for Raya celebration, including me. But no need to ask, the need to buy new clothes, shoes and shawls in multiple numbers have long departed. So I settled on getting just the basic ones and of course cheap (being the cheapskate that I am). However, the drawback will be that I want one made from cotton. It's hard to find (especially during this time) and of course, expensive. Well low supply, high demand ... ok stop with the theory.

  I know what I'm getting myself into. After all, emak started asking for my idea of baju raya long before June. Might have been January but I couldn't decide then. And I managed to bring along friends to accompany me to Amcorp Mall because one of them was amazed on my ability of adding more books already mountain-high pile of unread books. I decided that they need to know about BookXcess and dragged them to Amcorp Mall, with me intending to buy baju kurung.

  The one that I wanted was nowhere to be seen (I have this whole design in my mind) and I proceeded to show them the one place that I go to almost every month, beating the frequency of my visits to Times located about 5 minutes from my office. I'd travel from Pantai Dalam to Amcorp Mall to buy for books.

  Ouh pardon me. I have the ability to be side-tracked like 48 times in one minute (of course, exaggerating).

  They got really excited and the best part was our visit was on 30 August 2009 and my friends wanted to become members. Two members and I got 50% rebates on my books. i caved in into temptations when I'd clearly rejected the idea to go to BookFest in KLCC at that time. I was too happy to get cheap books and decided that Baju Raya can wait (which by now has been changed to there will be no baju raya this year).

  Yes, I have a thing for books. My room is a shoebox and its size was further reduced by the existence of books it stored. But I will never stop because one day, I want to have my own library. Luckily BookXcess grant me the opportunity to get more books at affordable price.

  Another reason to love BookXcess was the news at the very top of the entry where I can now pick either Pook Collection, High School Musical or Inkheart. Nothing beats a good book for me because books are precious. 
  Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.  ~Charles W. Eliot 
 With that in mind, why wait? If you love books, head on to Amcorp Mall and give BookXcess a visit. Or if you are unsure on what this woman is ranting on, check out their blog first. You'll be surprised. 

1 comment:

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

yes yes! true indeed! :D

ucu, I want to have my own library too! one day..iAllah. hey btw, I still didn't get myself a baju raya too.

instead asyik membeli tak boleh blah benda tahapehape~ :D