Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I always believe that there will be no big enough room that can fit two egos. It doesn't matter how big or small. And I for one knows that yes, I unfortunately fall into the category of having a big ego. It's not like I feel superior to anything or anyone but I believe that we have to stand up for what we belief in or we will be nothing. We have nothing without our beliefs.

My friend and I, we call ourselves arrogant people. In a joking way of course but we do know that we are arrogant. To a certain extent.

I don't see ego as a bad or good thing. For me, ego is just there to be used either for your own benefit or other people. It's important to put our ego upfront when we attend interviews, participate in a competition or even posting anything on kapasitor. Be ready to be condemned or complimented, receive opposing views or giving a few free lectures. Without ego, I think no one will be able to win anything or achieve anything. Of course, that coming from a Leo will sound ARROGANT.

And ego making someone as a not suitable partner? Well, I believe it to boil down to tolerance. God do not just create us to live with ourselves. To mingle with people, making friends and to socialize require a certain skill called tolerance. There are ways to handle people and the most easiest will be applying the ying and yang concept. Put out fire with water, not with a bigger fire. To tackle someone with a big ego, ask probing questions, which will make them think. I'm talking from experiences when friends confront me using questions. When I was angry.

I just so happen to be thinking about this thing after talking with a friend. Apparently, I'm the type of person who needs to be a leader constantly (is it wrong to know what I want?), have jumbo-sized ego (is it wrong to know you have certain abilities?). It's just that sometimes when I go forward saying suggestions and pointing to places where I want to go, people don't say anything after I asked them questions. You know, I ask questions to receive answers, not 'up to you'.

I seriously cannot do anything about it, I'm just being me. I just want to hold on to my opinion and please do clarify anything if you think what I believe in is wrong. I'm open to discussions but I won't hesitate to ask questions if the arguments are not strong.

But just so you know, I'm willing to learn new things, have healthy discussions. Just don't stop talking to me just because of my ego. It's not that I don't know the word tolerance. I honestly do.

To the friend, thank you for being frank with me. Nothing beats honesty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be as humble as you can, and you'll win everything sorrounding you ...