Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day by day
I stood by my place
Looking at you
Entering, nearly invading my personal space.

Those puppy eyes
Charismatic posture
And professional smile.

How I long for you to look my way
Not to talk about toasts, coffees and cakes
But to create small talks
To ask me if 'Everything's ok?'

How I long to talk to you about your day
Not the weather today
Or the one for tomorrow.

How I long for you to call me
Not to place another order or ask for some sugar
But to look into my eyes and talk about many nothings
Nothing important whatsoever.

But the fact stays
I am just the waitress
No; I'm your waitress.

I can recall your favorite food in my sleep
How you liked your coffee
Even how your eyes crinkled
I bet you don't have a clue.

We exchanged glances
Hellos and bye-byes
Not numbers, addresses
I don't even have to ask why.

Special as it may
I'm just the one bringing you coffees and delicacies
Your waitress who really misses you
And waiting for a miracle
For you to look her way
In a totally different light.

No comments: