Friday, November 07, 2008

Are there Any Other Topics In the World
..apart from marriage? God, I'm going bonkers. Mom never actually asked about marriage and now she keeps on asking, throwing, showing and banging hints on my head. Every single day. I nearly puked on the topic.

I was oblivious to the fact that my family was actually concerned of me bergayut tgh malam with by best buddies. And they are girls. Seriously they are girls. And in turn, my friends' mothers will be concerned of them talking to me.

And whenever I go out, there'll be enough speculation to turn the country upside down. Like seriously. I'm not attending those classes for Lesson 101: How to Con Filthy Rich People (if there ever is). I usually meet up friends, gossip, walk, gossip, eat and gossip. Occasional movie watching of course. And they were seriously concerned. Well, thanks by the way but can we like just put the marriage question in a suggestion box or something?

And yesterday was really ridiculous as I actually argued with Mom on the bersanding issue. She insisted to have one when I totally was against the idea (the dias will need more than 1 bunga telur and that will be total waste of money. Why not give then really nice bunga telur or really good food instead?). She said that it will be the only time I'm getting married (which by the way, I see that divorce and be remarried is an in thing. Sorry Mum). Slow down lady, I'm not about to choose the colour for dias as of now.

Before that, she gave me a short, free, private service reminder on savings. I do not have anything against investment (although I'm against the idea of softening to the idea of decreasing monthly investment wherever), not until she said: "Who knows, you'll be suddenly getting married" (Siapa tahu tibe-tibe terkejut nak kawen). I told them, Mum, my sister-in-law, auntie and baby cousin that there's no candidate. Exact words were: Hujung kasut calon pun tak nampak. So, why the sudden, urgent marriage. Please God, don't make it one of those emergency urgent marriage of kene tangkap basah or whatever. Amin.

My auntie was actually thinking of getting me into the reality TV show (which I know will only lead to a bankruptcy of such stations). And this particular suggestion was strongly supported by a very good friend. Very entertaining. I'd rather stay in the jungle for three months rather than getting into any reality TV shows. I'm not ready to show how grumpy I can get at times (which is like all the time).

And then Mom dropped the bomb that someone was...

Forget I mentioned that. I'm dizzy with the questions.

Hand over a potion of this pounding headache. Ouch

No comments: