Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The day started with little tiny water particles falling from the sky. I love rainy days. The world seems a little bit brighter and cleaner after the rain.

I woke up smiling (apart from grumbling and little accidental curses as the bed felt oh-so-comfy) and decided that today was a great day. I didn't manage to buy my favourite steamy pau-that-melts-in-my-mouth but I figured it's still ok. Just when I was about to cross the street, I felt a sharp jab at my neck. It was like a needle and I looked around, sure that no snipers are in sight (which is stupid because snipers will be hiding but then it's me! I do stupid things). I managed to discover the root of the pain and tears started to well in my eyes.

The one necklace that my late father passed to me was not as it was meant to be. One small part of it was sticking out. It didn't just 'putus' but it was somewhat broken.

The shock that I had was overwhelming. All of a sudden I felt choked. Like all the emotion welled up. For years, I've been wearing the necklace and it somehow reminded me that he will always be near my heart. I know its silly to actually be sad because the necklace can be repaired but what if the goldsmith says 'The only way I can mend this is to actually 'lebur' it'. I can't face that. I want it to stay that way. The way I saw the necklace when I first laid eyes on it when I was ten. The one thing that kept him close to my heart.

There were not many things that he left me and I just don't want to part with it. I still have the watch that he gave me but I just can't bear the fact that I have to take the necklace off. I have been wearing it around-the-clock, walk around with it, sleep and everything; never taking it off. Touching it made me feel closer to him.

Well, tears are filling every corner of my eyes now. I can't believe that I can get so emotional over an earthly possession.

I tried to pick myself up. I still want the day to proceed as smoothly as possible. Then came the stupid reply from a phone call. It made my world felt more bluer. Darn darn darn.

Luckily I managed to get my song request played on the radio (Flowers In the Window - Travis). It made me feel a little better.

But I guess I just don't feel that happy still. I'm afraid of telling Mak what happened to the necklace. She already called me 'Die ni mmg kasar sikit'. And my reputation of 'putuskan rantai' when I was a kid didn't make matters easier. I want to cry!!! Waaa!

Ah. time to face the music. It's nearly 8pm.

No comments: