Tuesday, November 04, 2008

there's the feeling again
the elevated, unexplainable feeling in my chest

"ah you psychotic chronic dreamer
can't you for a minute
put yourself on the ground?
can't you for just one second
be realistic?"

the answer will be a simple 'cannot'

I use to have this phrase stuck in my head 'don't be scared to dream'. It wasn't until recently that I understand quite a gist of it.

Without dream, ambition, angan-angan or whatever you call it, the soul becomes weak that can only lead to weaker flesh. You know, as usual will create laziness and stuff like that. Being mortal, it is unavoidable to be unsatisfied with what we have. It's easy to grumble about work, studies, parents, friends and what not. It's easy to lose focus.

But dreams and ambitions will help us propel through. When we are young, we wanted to become doctors and whatever. But then we entered tertiary institution and still we dream on. And we enter a job, our dreams started to fall apart. The target at that time, maybe to get married and then what's next?

Ambitions could come in tiny little ways. Just a simple target of 'I'm looking forward to learn a new language' or 'I want to aim for my holiday in the Mediterranean' (Ameen) will help us go through it day by day. It help us to stay focus, cast our eyes on the long run.

Without dreams, I believe that life will be dull. And working will become a routine, without no excitement. Well, I need a lot of excitement to get through the day, so pardon my craving for excitement. Ha ha..

Ouh..it's already 6.30pm. I have dreamed to go back this early since few months before. Chop chop! Ta~

No comments: