Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Would You Give your Seat on The LRT?

I prefer to cuci mate gawking at the guys. That's what I do every day. Like I have been reading articles after articles for eight straight hours so why not 'relax' a bit right? Fine, I have nothing to do.

It's not really difficult to see and filter the guys that went on the LRT. On lots of occasions, I was able to detect cute looking guys (For display purposes only) but most of the times I was disappointed.

Remember the ad on Adlin going on an LRT? Yeah, I think the guys using the LRT do watch it except they don't learn from in, they actually copied what Adlin did. On numerous occasions, the guys, who are wearing ironed shirts, shiny shoes and young, seem to care about no one except them. On many uncountable occasions, I see the ladies actually gave their seats to pregnant women, the elderly and those carrying heavy things. Of course, I can always pretend I'm pregnant. No, kidding.

In my honest opinion (IMHO), if a guy who's healthy cannot give his seat to someone who may need it, I seriously doubt their ability to raise a family. The very simple act of getting up to give the luxury to someone, shows the values instilled in them. And by not getting up when a clearly very pregnant lady is standing right in front of you, is outright selfish. I'm not talking of those who coughed or having fever or anything like that, I'm talking about a guy who's clearly healthy. Wait, they might be pregnant like Thomas Beatie.

I'm just disappointed. It shows that we cannot judge people because most of the time when a guy gets up to give their seats to people who need it, it will be someone who you might call 'plain' looking. Those with ties, executive bags, shiny, branded shoes, will just ignore them and pretend to sleep. I even saw an elderly man got up to give a pregnant lady his seat because a guy won't get up. And she's not 4 months pregnant, she looks really pregnant and tired. Don't people have sympathy? What is wrong with the world?

I once saw a programme where they interviewed a lady and she said 'I don't want to give my seat because they will not say thanks' (buat ape nak bagi seat saya. kalau saya kasi pun derang tak ckp apa-apa). OK, I don't want to comment on her words but have she ever tried giving her seat? What I heard constantly was people saying 'Thank you very much'. They patted you to say their thanks and I even heard a lady saying 'Ouh thank you very much. She (the girl giving her the seat) have to suffer because of me'. Those words, nearly made me cry.

I just couldn't understand it. Are these people going to become leaders in the future? Are they going to be CEOs, CFOs, ambassadors and such? God, I'm terrified with the future. I seriously don't intend to be biased but seriously, that's what I see every single time. Those pakai smart-smart just would not get up. And I even saw the same faces doing it over and over again.

I'm not saying that I'm good but maybe we can start from now. Maybe we can sit and niat that,' I'm saving this seat for someone who needs it. When he or she boards the train, I will get up'. The amount of people needing the seat in every train is unbelievable.

It's the nature of the people to forget and need to be reminded continuously. So, let's us remind ourselves that What Goes Around Comes Around. Today, we are young and soon, we will be wizened. If today we don't care about the elderly, what makes us thing that tomorrow, the young ones will remember us?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well said my friend!

Unknown said...

thank you my darling!