Friday, July 30, 2010

Then The Train Delays

So, the sun is not to bright; just the kind of day that you wish you could have every single day. And you have an hour to arrive to the office.

You were thinking about the assortment of sandwiches that you can grab all the way from KLCC to the footsteps of your building. You may consider spicing it up a bit with the different variety of fillings like chicken, tuna or eggs. Or, you might want to make it a special occasion and thus order something heavy like nasi lemak.

Special occasion indeed. Putra was delayed by about 1 hour something this morning. On the day that I wish to arrive early, I got stuck in the train. Luckily I got a seat in Bangsar.

I was agitated and I tried concentrating on the book that I was reading. But in the middle of the sentences, I would wonder when is the train's doors going to close. It was frustrating, a tragedy in the making.

Nevertheless, I didn't want this to dampen my spirit. If my spirit is a blanket, you'd have to throw it in the machine and air it by 8.30 am. I was so hungry but I focused on my reading. It was Nanny Returns from Nicola Kraus and Emma McLaughlin; the sequel to The Nanny. Usually, I can only finish 20 pages top in a train but this delay gave me extra time to keep up with the reading. And it has been a while since I managed to get my hands on books like this so I'd better savor it.

See? Every cloud has a silver lining. So, why not come up with a list of things to do if this kind of delay happens again?

Take this time to exercise. Walk from the back of the train to the front. Even better if the train is full. In order to avoid them, run out of the coach and try to get onto the cab at the other end, racing with buzzer. See? Who says you cannot move your muscles when you enter university life?

It took the train this morning more than an hour to be ok. I was stuck in Pasar Seni for a good 30 minutes. Sometimes it is hard to get different breakfasts daily so use this opportunity wisely. There's a mamak restaurant down the station. Run down and order roti canai or two; something that is not conveniently available near KLCC, and run straight up. Or, you can just glance up and if you notice that the platform is still full, just eat there. Enjoy your breakfast hassle-free once in a while.

Maybe you are not the type of person who takes breakfast. Fret not.  Take this time to go on the Internet and take a good look at your Facebook. Keep in touch with your friends (well, we might need them someday). Shout, poke or tag them on pictures. Preferably pictures of the roti canai you took during breakfast. Find out who just gave birth to a baby and who is currently in need for Restaurant City.

Better still, use Twitter to inform the situation to people who are thinking to go on the train. This is the perfect time to be of use to the community.

Compose the long letter that you have been wanting to send to your significant other or your sister/ mother or whatever. You can use the time wisely to sort out the clutter in the cyber-world. I know I do. No offence but as of late, I prefer to add someone who looks familiar to me or at least tell me who they are. And most probably with usernames that sounds logical or familiar.

There are many things that we can do during delays like that but this is not the reason why RapidKL should not improve their service. I mean, it is ok to have breakdown once in a while but we had a breakdown already yesterday, do we need another one today? Time is money people, I know those working in the company knows that too. When the train comes late, many things go haywire, we know, you guys suffer too.

Having said that, please, I want to arrive at least on time next week. Can we do that RapidKL?

6 comments:

s.c.h.u.l.t said...

InsyaAllah (kata RapidKL)

:D

Unknown said...

haha berusahalah rapidKL

Bento-Hide said...

rakyat malaysia banyak menghabiskan kehidupan mereka di jalan sebenarnya. hahahaha

Unknown said...

matang di jalan raya dude

Calvin Foon said...

one more thing you can do during such train hiccups, which you KNOW is going to happen again in the future (maybe they should rename it RapidFail), stand up and sing "It's Going To Be a Better Day Today"...and see if you can avoid punches of anger and frustration coming from other passengers...

Unknown said...

i actually prefer 'It's a beautiful Day' from U2