Sunday, February 13, 2011

Talking about ‘Perasan Perfect”

I like weekends because of the fact that I do not have to wake up and walk zombie-like to the Putra station. Only God knows how many times I left my lenses at home and had to turn back to pick it up.

I know, irritating at times.

Anyways, today is not an exception. Lying in bed, especially at 7-ish is what I like and do best (haha). But, something annoyed the heck out of me.

There was a tiny little music playing somewhere. My room is very near to the toilet so I was thinking maybe it was my cousin, showering with the radio on. So I read something for a little bit, the topic was not bad so why not.

And then I sleep a bit with the sound still on.

Now you see, I really cannot stand hearing music while I’m about to sleep. It was an ability I lost right after I exit school. Even if I try, I will end up with a devilish headache. Yes I do know that it is not good to go back to sleep after Subuh but I still want to close my eyes for a bit.

Imagine the frustration of trying to go back to sleep but being annoyed by the tinny music playing somewhere near me. For something that sounded so far away, I had to assume somebody left their radio in the toilet, right? That was the only logical explanation.

With nothing to distract me, I tossed and turn for quite a bit. The thing is, I don’t think anyone is in the toilet. So, where did this sound comes from?

Finally, not being able to stand it anymore, I got up and start switching on the modem and whatnot. Better start my day than wasting it on the bed, achieving nothing.

And that was when I noticed that the sound became noticeably louder when I stood beside my table. I noticed a white cable, which is my earphone.

Then only it became clear; it was my mp3 player. I forgot to hook it up to the speaker for the alarm. It was the songs from my playlist that annoyed me this morning.

Moral of the story: tak payah perasan sangat tak buat salah. Maybe we should take a good look at ourselves before blaming anyone. 

No comments: