Saturday, March 06, 2010

A day that had a bad start, turned out to be the best of the days I had in a week. And that, is an achievement.

  The day started at 7am, which was really late considering that I had to go on a bus before 7.30. I forgot that I washed clothes so I had to rinse the clothes (handwashed ones) before I started off to the office. That killed a few minutes, enough to make me even late than usual.

  Once I stepped out of the bathroom, it was already 7.15am. But I refused to panic! One must not lose one’s sanity at a dire time like this. One must relax and try to do thing as usual because being extra clumsy will only enable Murphy’s Law to happen to you and not make a day better. Murphy Law= anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

  During the previous night, I have cooked sambal kentang and ikan bilis as well as fried vegetables. I was so bored eating the same food downstairs that I decided to give it a try and cook as a change. I was so excited to pack everything to the office that I forgot the fact that I’ll be late.

  I ran down to the kitchen, searching for tupperware to put all the food.

  O-M-G. I was so shocked to find not even the tudung saji was on the table. There was nothing on the table, not a thing. I panicked, searching all over the place; in the kitchen’s cupboard, on the stove, on utensil rack, on the shoe rack…well..basically everywhere.

  A call to the auntie revealed that my food have been polished off by my cousins. I sat on the bed, open-mouthed.

  ‘ They finished it all?’ I asked again, just to make sure.

  ‘ Yes, they were so hungry.’

  So, I spent a good 2 minutes thinking of all the hard work done previously and how it ended up in vain. All the work and nothing to gain. I can still hear her words that the cousins finished it all off.

  Well, what to do? Life has to go on. So I texted a friend and conveyed the sad story.

  ‘ My cousins ate the food. And I’m so hungry.’ So, I set off to work with a heavy heart.

  And of all the days, the traffic was really bad. Not that I drove but of course I get pretty agitated having to wait for the bus to inch forward slowly to the last stop. My attention to the book that I was holding wavered as I was getting more worried of getting late to work.

  I arrived at the monorail station at 8.23am. And thanks to the delay, I was stuck again at the station with everybody else jostling and pushing me into the train.

  I hate a morning that started with me being pushed into a train.

  I arrived just in time, just in time at 9 am. Another minute and I would have been very depressed because I came in late. But still I tried to keep a cool mood because I know that if I end up with an unhappy mood, the production will be very low for the day.

  And suddenly, I saw a package on my table. A note was attached to it saying

  ‘ Here, try my nasi goreng with kerang’

  What a nice surprise. When I thought my day will be of the lowest low and then came a present. Not something that cost hundreds but still, it made all the difference.

  And my mood turned around completely for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Rizai Reeani said...

wow! siapakah gerangan yang bagi nasi goreng dengan kerang itu? hehe...

it's okay ucu. every cloud has a silver lining, right? ^_^