Wednesday, July 23, 2008

stop for a moment? I know time flies but it used to fly on planes, now it travels through spaceship. There's like 3,458 things to do in a day but there's like no time to do it.

I know for a fact that living in this world is hectic but this, this is almost unbearable. One blink and it's already June. One blink and my baby cousin is now dating. One blink and the sun roses. One blink and ...arghh! I'm going nuts.

My French book is still there where I left it. And its nearing the end of the week and I haven't actually learnt a new word. We all have the same time given to Helen Keller, Isaac Newton and all the great people in history but why does it feels like its flying like really, super fast?

Is it because we are supposed to do so many things in such a short time? We are expected to do so many things in one shot? Like, one has to be successful at work, get good salary and have to keep fit. In order to do that one has to:

a) hold a high position in an office (which may require long laborous hour at the office)
b) earn good money (keeping up and finishing the work)
c) keeping a healthy body
wait a minute. If one is supposed to do all that, would 24 hours be sufficient?

"Take it slow" people say. What? Are you serious? Everyone is pushing and striving to be the best, going faster and faster, cutting sleep, social time and family time and yet you say 'take it slow'. Who are we kidding? We know that it's almost impossible to keep it slow. We know nothing will wait for us.

I feel the pinch now. Maybe it was just me but I seriously feel that this is too fast. There are so many things to pay that slipping the performance is really not an option. And then there's the keeping fit thingy. And to have good health, one must take good food too (which is known to be expensive).

I want to just scream 'Stop!' at the top of my lungs. I don't know how long I can stand KL and I definitely cannot imagine living in other big cities like the Big Apple. Everything is too fast, I feel like ...

I don't know what to feel anymore. I just feel that a day passes without me noticing. And I hope I'm not reaching breaking point.

Maybe I need a break. With breaking of the waves and voices of seagulls. I don't know.

No comments: