Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two Aishahs in The Office...

Normal occurances at the office:
Siti: Aishah (Siti called me, sitting opposite her)
Aishah: Siti
Siti: Did you abstract this story on Barito? (showing an email in her inbox)
Aishah: Let me see (after a few seconds). Ya, I did that.
Siti: I will forward this to you.

An email on my abstract was sent to Siti. We have the same names and sit beside each other (kind of). So, one has to be called Aishah while the other one is Siti. We wear scarves and spectacles. I'm shorter by a few good inches but you can hardly tell the difference when we are sitting.

C: Aishah, come
Aishah turned around. Actually, C was calling Siti. Luckily I didn't say anything or I'd be embarassed.

It's kind of cute having the colleagues confused about your names. I can become Siti and Siti can become me. We have the same name, with exactly the same spelling. So, the only difference is our father's name.

I got emails meant to be sent to Siti quite a few times. And just recently, one of our colleages called Siti by her father's name.
C: I can't differentiate which is which so I have to address one of them via their fathers' names.

And this morning someone mis-thanked us for half a pau. I actually gave it and Siti was thanked for it. It's hard not to laugh when Siti said:
"I'm starting to feel not unique now. Why is it so difficult to differentiate us?"


I used to have a classmate in school with the same name, spelling and all. But maybe because I used a different name, it didn't pose any problems. And we shared the same sense of humour. We can totally relate to each others joke and that is pretty cool. I've never met someone like that before.

Ah, there's hot curry puffs in the pantry. Got to attack them ASAP. So long people, have a nice day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Siti Aishah. haha